Pages

Thursday, 15 October 2015

I love Keelham Farm x


 
If you haven't shopped at Keelham Farm shop in Skipton yet you are in for a treat. It has put the pleasure back into my weekly food shop and I actually look forward to it! Last week I was greeted with a mass of the largest Pumpkins I have ever seen, Autumn coloured floral displays whilst Frank Wilson's 'Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)', one of my favourite songs played in the background. Food shopping to some Northern soul is a winner in my eyes!
 
 
 
 A family run business supporting over 400 farmers and producers across Yorkshire with another shop in Thornton. I have been pleasantly surprised at how much cheaper my shopping has become compared to local large chain supermarkets and I actually like buying my fruit and vegetables that come in different shapes and sizes.
 
  
 ( A note to my husband..... they do beautiful flower arrangements too!). 
 
 
One of the things I love about the farm shop is how they have used vintage furniture in displays and in the café and restaurant. Old metal filing cabinets, mixed with non matching chairs and wrought iron candle holders. It seems vintage styling is really exploding into the high street and can be seen in the most unexpected of places.


 
 They have managed to mix the industrial shell of the building with vintage lighting and accessories to make it feel welcoming and visually exciting.


These Chalkboard Milk Bottles are so sweet and a great idea for Christmas presents. Is it just me or amidst our need to keep up with modern technology that is advancing so quickly we are craving a simpler lifestyle, reverting back to times gone by?



 
Anyone for soup?
The simplest of ideas, £2.50 for a bag of soup ingredients.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment