Pages

Friday, 25 September 2015

Time to get the coats out!

This weeks Equinox declared Autumn open season and it's time to get those coats out from the back of your wardrobes. This year I am going for colour and patterns to brighten up those grey days. What's your Winter coat style? Need some inspiration

(Image taken from:http://miniskirtsminimorals.blogspot.com/2014_01_01_archive.html)
I love this coat. It doesn't look out of place with current fashion. Tania Mallett in 1963, for Polly Peck.
 
I love the matching handbag! Hermes Sports, from Mode, 1968



 Red Plaid, L'officiel magazine in 1968.
 
I have enjoyed spending the week sewing buttons, mending and cleaning more coats to go in the shop. There is something quite therapeutic about helping clothes come back to life and of course I get to play at dressing up! Here are a few of my favourites in the shop this week.

If it's pattern you are after this season then the Dannimac Brown and white checked coat is perfect. In excellent condition. UK size 12 £45

 The colour and detail of this 1960's handmade coat is gorgeous. Original buttons down the front and circle pattern helping shape the waist. UK size 10-12 £45 It is not dissimilar to several coat patterns I have come across recently. Oh how I wish I had paid more attention in needlework lessons!

(Image taken from:www.pinterest.com/pin/458241330806757628/)


I
I don't normally wear dark Green but I have fallen in love with this 1970's Suede coat in rich Green.This might be a keeper if it doesn't sell quickly! UK size 14-16 £50
 
Mark and I went to Goodwood Revival for the first time this year and we had a fabulous weekend, surrounded by vintage cars, beautiful clothes and great music. My favourite 'Ashley' coat by Collectif managed to have it's first outing this season too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
A girl can never have too many coats!... or shoes...or handbags!
Thanks for dropping by x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment