Pages

Monday, 30 March 2015

Saltaire Vintage Home and Fashion Fair.

 
March has been a busy time for me with www.allboutevevintage.com  finally up and running and my first fair to prepare for at Saltaire. I am loving this journey and meeting customers face to face on Saturday was very rewarding. I have always enjoyed wandering around vintage fairs as a customer and have visited Rose & Browns vintage fairs often, even still I wasn't sure what to expect on the other side! The Victoria Hall in Saltaire is the perfect location to host 48 stalls of vintage loveliness. 
 
 
I am happy to say that I loved the whole day and the feedback I received from customers was very encouraging. It was a pleasure working alongside and meeting other stall holders. As the newbie I was made to feel very welcome and offered lots of valuable tips and shared experiences. Not at all the 'closed shop' mentality that I was afraid of. Their seems to be a real sense of community which was refreshing and fantastic to share the vintage passion with like minded people. A busy day, full of vintage loving customers, meeting new people and great music all day long, what's not to love? 
 



 
One of the days highlights for me was selling the 1980's pair of Mondrian style court shoes. I loved the fact that I had rescued these discarded shoes which have been brought back to life with a happy customer. She looked fab in them and the shoes can continue their life. That's what I love about vintage fashion. The different stories and peoples lives that they've been part of.
 
 
 


I even had time to have a quick read of my favourite Vintage Life magazine before the doors opened.

I even managed a little vintage shopping, it would have been rude not to! Look at this lovely Liquorice sweet jar I bought from the lovely Sally at www.curisosityvintageshop.BlogSpot.co.uk
 
 
 
 
It was a perfect opportunity to hand out my flyers and promote the 'name the mannequin head' competition too. There has been some fabulous names so far, including Biba, Josephine, Eve-tete and Coco. The competition ends 30th April so there's plenty of time to get your name in.
Email me at all-about-eve@hotmail.com and the winner will receive a free gift from All About Eve Vintage.
 
All in all a fabulous day and I am looking forward to returning to Saltaire on June 7th. Further information can be found at http://www.roseandbrownvintage.co.uk/default.asp?textpage=home
 
 
Next stop will be Ilkley Playhouse Vintage Fair, Saturday 18th April. Organised by Jill at: https://www.facebook.com/alfierobotretro.  Come and say hello! 
 
 
Thanks for dropping by!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment