Pages

Thursday, 15 January 2015

My Top 5 Retro 1950's Winter Wardrobe.

I seem to have a split personality when it comes to vintage styling as I love the glamour of 1950's clothes and having an hourglass figure I know these suit me perfectly but I also love the element of fun behind 1960's clothes,  I like the differences and think it's OK to wear both depending on the mood. There are so many fantastic retro clothes lines around now but I have to say at the moment my favourite has to be Collectif clothing. I have challenged myself this year to only buy vintage clothes to add to my wardrobe so avoiding Collectif this weekend whilst in London is going to be pretty hard!
 
  • 1. I was so pleased yesterday morning when I saw a scattering of snow outside and felt the cold as it was the perfect weather to wear my gorgeous Collectif Red Ashley coat. It took me awhile to get hold of this coat as they always fly out of stock within days of a new collection, but I love wearing it and it definitely adds a bit of glamour to my Winter wardrobe. I love the faux fur collar and cuffs and found some cute red leather gloves with leopard print bows to match from TKMaxx. The belted waist enhances a curvy figure and it looks great over a fitted evening dress too. Red is my favourite colour (currently out of stock) but it also comes in Emerald Green and Black. http://www.collectif.co.uk/plain-ashley-coat-p-sku03120602-c-emerald-green.html

 
  • 2. I am a huge fan of Collectif clothing after discovering their Camden store last year. I love their clothes as they have a great range of fitted and flared 1950's retro clothes, true to size clothes and reasonably priced. I bought this leopard print pencil skirt from Ebay and I love it. The fit of the skirt suits my curves and the little red bird at the waist makes me smile. I definitely think clothes should be fun and make you feel good about yourself. http://www.collectif.co.uk/

 
  • 3. Mark surprised me this Christmas with this beautiful Ophelia swing dress by Lindy Bop which I can't wait to wear. It fits perfectly and with addition of a net skirt the movement is lovely, definitely one to dance in. The sweetheart neckline is very flattering and the fitted bodice adds to the shape. I also think the price is very reasonable at £34.99. http://www.lindybop.co.uk/


 
  • 5. Back to Collectif with my 1950's jeans. I have battled for years with liking my figure and wished like many for a skinnier shape but since I turned 40 I have definitely begun a journey to embracing my curves and this vintage clothing blog I guess is all part of it. These jeans are figure hugging and I feel great in them. This rockabilly look is fun and I found these leopard print loafers in TKMaxx too. https://www.collectif.co.uk/l1-clothes-l2-trousers.html
 
 
I hope this gives you some retro inspiration and why not be brave and try something different! Happy shopping x
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment