Pages

Sunday, 11 January 2015

My top 5 favourite vintage Winter clothes.

It's hard to narrow it down to just 5 items but these are the ones I seem to have worn the most this Winter and I always get complimented when I wear them.

  • 1. I find it really difficult to find vintage tops as I am a 34FF but size 12 bottom half . Women were renowned for their curves in the 1950's but you still find the overall general sizes were smaller than today. Red is my favourite colour so I was thrilled to find this 1950's red wool top with faux fur collar. It fits me perfectly and looks great with jeans or dressed up with a fitted pencil skirt. I found this top on Instagram from Pinkham Road Retro in Boston, who also have a great Etsy shop  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PinkhamRoadRetro?ref=search_shop_redirect.




  • 2.  I love this Black 1960's shift dress. I bought it from Ebay during the Summer and just knew it would be a wardrobe staple. I have worn it dressed down during the day with black polo neck and high boots and paired with a small heel in the evening for parties. I am not a big fan of the 1960's polyester that was so often used, but this dress is an exception and at least it never needs ironing! I love the black scarf attached to the collar and it has plenty of life left in it for next year.



3. This is my first purchase for 2015 and I 'stop wearing it. Blue jersey 1960's St. Michael mod skirt. I bought this from Ebay and paid £4.90. I wore it today to the cinema with black polo neck, Fred Perry cardigan which Mark bought me for Christmas :) and my leopard print brogues.


  • 4. This was definitely the best find of 2014 as I have always been a huge fan of tartan. I found this dress in 'Lucy and the Caterpillar boutique' in Hebden Bridge and paid £30. https://www.facebook.com/lucyandthecaterpillarboutique. It fits my curvier shape perfectly and looks great with loafers or my burgundy patent brogues. Well worth the money as I have worn this so many times and always get compliments when I do. I love this shop and hope to write a separate blog post on it soon.
I.
Apologies for the poor photo, Day out in Chester.

  • 5.  I love my 1970's disco silver Glomesh chainmail handbag which I purchased on Ebay a couple of years ago, £20. It definitely brightens up any outfit.
I am looking forward to buying some more vintage this year and particularly exploring vintage shops in Yorshire. If any of you can recommend good places to visit please leave a comment and let me know.  

Thank you x

No comments:

Post a Comment